Friday, May 10, 2013

Panhandlers are Pretty Smart

I've noticed over the past several days that panhandlers only ask me for money when I'm out alone or with my wife, but never with Jack. I wondered why this is and I think I've finally come to understand: People know how expensive it is to feed this dog. Panhandlers feel either feel sorry for me or just understand that I couldn't possibly have spare change on me when strapped to this eating machine.

Still other people cross the street when they see us coming, as they don't want to be associated with someone who spends so much money on "fur babies" when they could be spending that money on their own spawn. Even the people who comment on how handsome Jack is must be shaking their heads and making comments behind our backs about how much food this dog eats.

 In an effort to teach Jack the difference between us, his parents, and the Treasury, which he seems to think he lives at, I took him to the real thing, as seen below. I thought I had gotten through to him. As soon as we got home though, he was ready to eat again...


No comments:

Post a Comment