Monday, May 13, 2013

Crap Camel not nearly as fun as it sounds

So Jack encountered some tummy issues this weekend that necessitated a trip to the vet today at some point. I did my research and found AtlasVet, whom I promptly called this morning to set up an appointment.

In my mind, I had foreseen that we would walk right on over. I figured they would want a stool sample, so I was prepared that our first time out would be our walk to the vet. I would pick up his poop and carry it the relatively short distance right to the vet.

Well, I was right about one thing - they did want a stool sample brought in. However, the first appointment available is at 4:30 this afternoon. Jack can hold it in a long time, but not that long. Plans had to change.

Since he needed a nice long walk anyway, we decided to walk to Lafayette Square, which happens to be a five mile round trip walk. I brought along a backpack, poop bags, and multiple ziplock bags in which to seal said poop bags (to try and reduce any smell). Foolishly, I thought Jack might try to help me out and wait until we were at least half-way through our trip before providing me with a sample. Instead, he waited until we were about 200 feet out the front door before dropping the mother lode. Not knowing if he would go again, I had no choice but to grab his gift, triple-wrap it, and put it in my back pack. For the whole rest of the trip, I carried a lump of crap on my back. And let me just tell you, no amount of wrapping would keep out the stench. I walked 5 miles smelling like I had crapped my pants, while Jack, now two pounds lighter, walked ahead of me, happy as a clam. Any time we stopped to let people pet him, or stopped at a stop light, I know people were thinking that I was wearing a dirty diaper. Thank god no one was in the elevator with us when we got back home!
Now, said dirty bomb is sitting on out on the deck, thankfully sealed outside on a cool, windy day.

I sure hope we get things handled today at the vet. I don't think I could do what I did today, ever again.


No comments:

Post a Comment