Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Adventures in Driving and My Man, Spot

Driving is one of the things I meant to get away from in moving to DC. After this morning, I remember why. People in cars here are either oblivious to everything around them, or angrily honking at those people. If I had to drive often, I have no doubt I'd quickly become the latter. Don't get me wrong - driving gives you a chance to see things you might not otherwise get to see, like..... Well, I can't think of those things at the moment, but I'm sure they exist.

Anyway, I did get a chance to check in on my man, Spot, the spotter. You can see him standing in front of the column, beside the police car, looking up into the building across the street. Now, since he's standing next to a limo with an American Flag trimmed in gold, you might expect that Spot was looking out for terrorists, aggressive homeless people, or giddy tourists. But no, I hired Spot to be on the lookout for employment opportunities for me. So far, Spot hasn't come through with anything. Maybe I'll ask him to turn around and ask whoever is getting out of the limo to help him in his quest next time. Either way, I feel kind of embarrassed that I forgot to tell him that today was Casual Wednesday. Oh well - he looks so official in his suit.

If you see Spot goofing off, let me know. I don't pay him minimum wage to be some Peeping Tom.


No comments:

Post a Comment